Open Vacancy: ICT Manager
Reporting: Managing Director
Nature of Job: Full time
Position: ICT Manager
Application Deadline: 16th June 2023.
1. Company Details:
EFTA is a reputable award-winning Financial Leasing Company based in Tanzania with eight branches across the country, dedicated to helping SMEs and famers to grow. EFTA is part of the wider Group and at least some IT solutions are developed and implemented across the Group. EFTA is part of a pan-African leasing company, with businesses in Mauritius and Kenya as well as Tanzania.
The nature of the business is based on tripartite arrangement, means it involves a customer, equipment supplier and EFTA. The customer identifies the type of equipment they want to buy from the supplier, then deposit a down payment to EFTA and EFTA pays the suppliers. Hence the equipment on its own is the collateral. EFTA is pushing the boundaries in financial landing industries. In principle we finance various equipment, including agricultural equipment’s, transportation, construction, and other specialized equipment.
2. The Job Overview
We are looking to hire a talented ICT Manager to join our team. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, EFTA is a great place to grow your career. As an ICT manager, you will work closely with members of our ICT team to ensure that our organization is using the most up-to-date technology to run our business as well as help with the day to day running and support of the EFTA ICT systems. The role includes working with colleagues at Group and other subsidiaries to develop Group technology strategy and implementation. The role also includes working as part of a project team to ensure effective implementation in Tanzania of Group-wide technology initiatives.
3. Key Responsibilities
Below are some of the responsibilities the ICT manager will be expected to perform:
1. Leadership and people management focus
1. Managing and motivating a team that is responsible for handling incidents submitted from internal users through multiple channels such as ServiceDesk tool, email, phone and other platforms for ICT related issues and Company operational services.
2. Managing and motivating a team that is responsible for handling requests from users for ICT Systems access. This process aims to grant authorized users the right to use ICT system services, while preventing access to non-authorized users.
3. Accountable for all operational activities by assigning resources to ensure end users receive effective and timely resolution in compliance with the Service Level Agreement.
4. Manage ICT Service Desk support team, review performance, and ensure that customer service standards are maintained.
5. Mentoring and coaching ICT Service Desk team to a build a high-performance team.
2. Strategy Focus:
1. Develop, review and implement processes and procedures for tracking, reporting and supporting customers within the company (Internal Staff).
2. Analyze business requirements by partnering with key EFTA stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions that leverage ICT.
3. Lead EFTA ICT projects and deployment of new ICT systems and services.
4. Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with technical resources when required.
5. Accountable for implementing continuous (ITIL) systematic methodology for providing ICT solutions with the best standards.
6. Help define ICT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
7. Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
8. Develop and implement policies related to network security, disaster recovery, and ICT infrastructure.
3. Business focus.
1. Ensure all support requests from Business are well documented in the ICT ticketing system through the lifecycle.
2. Monitor performance of EFTA information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the ICT infrastructure.
3. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal ICT.
4. Analyze resource utilization and develop strategies to optimize performance.
5. Establish, measure, and define ICT goals and maintain an ICT roadmap.
6. Participate in various system enhancement and product development projects as a key player to ensure that the system delivered meets user expectations.
7. Monitor and analyze the success of ICT initiatives and projects and continually develop and evaluate new technologies and tools for the company.
8. Direct the activities of the help desk to ensure the ICT needs of users are met.
9. Manage development projects to integrate new technologies into existing systems.
10. Perform ongoing support and maintenance of all hardware, software, and network components.
11. Establish a security policy to protect company information and resources.
12. Managing the department’s budget effectively and deliver value for money performance of ICT activities.
1. Qualifications and Skill Set
1. Bachelor’s degree in ICT, computer science, or a related field
2. A minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with 3 years in ICT management
3. Strong teamwork and communication skills
4. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
5. Knowledge of industry-standard computer hardware and software systems
6. Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and cloud infrastructure
7. Experience managing on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
8. Experience leading and managing ICT projects and rolling out ICT infrastructure across various technologies.
9. Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
10. Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
11. Firm grasp on ICT infrastructure and operations best practices.
1. How to apply:
All applications shall be received online through the following link: www.efta.co.tz
No physical submission of documents/applications shall be accepted
APPLY through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org